Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BORN IN THE USA!

I know that this is super old but I still needed to post about it. Tyson and I voted in this last election. It was a first for me so I was nervous and excited at the same time. Last year I was living in Utah and didn't register early enough...I know...I know. The GREAT thing was our apartment was one of the polling stations. We rolled out of bed at around 5:55 and were in line at 6am which is when they were supposed to open. I was shocked to see all of the people already standing in line in the lobby. Then I was a little annoyed when I saw how long the line was outside in the cold. I knew we should have either gotten up earlier, or just voted later. I kept telling Tyson that I bet nobody would be in line during work hours and that I would vote then. He didn't go for that so we were in line for about an hour and a half.

Anyways despite the fact that the outcome of the election wasn't what I was hoping for, I am very interested and excited to see how everything unfolds. And excited to not have to see those commercials anymore for 4 years. I'm just so glad we live in a country where we have the freedoms that we have today.

That night was another girls night, and to support our privilige to vote we made an american flag OUT OF CUPCAKES! It was really fun, and a great idea. Thanks Rach! Oh, and trust me - the cupcakes were as good as they looked.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Wow - so glad I am not pregnant any more... yikes bad times!!!