Tuesday, September 16, 2008

dinner, cookies, and some Wii butt kickin'

Tyson and I love Sunday nights because it is always relaxing, and fun to have friends over. Last Sunday we invited the Smallwood's over for dinner, wii playing, and cookie decorating (thanks to my sister Jessi for getting me the frosting tips and mother-in-law for getting us the sugar cookie mix and sprinkles!)

After dinner while the boys were playing Madden...at least I think it's what that game is called. It's the football game with Brett Favre on the front (and yes, I knew his name and the spelling of it without having to refer back to Tyson). Anyways while Tyson was kicking Brady's bootay in that game, Karissa and I decorated the cookies. You will see the outcome below. And in our defense - it is really hard to decorate small cookies with large frosting tips. *Note to self - make bigger cookies next time.

I'm still fairly new to the whole sugar cookie making scene. Tyson was shocked when I told him that I have never actually made them. I'm not sure why. My mom had a lot of us kids and it is a long messy process to make these things and when they're finished they don't even have any hint of chocolate in them! But in the cookie's defense, they are really fun to cut out and decorate. The first time Tyson and I made them I ate so much of the dough that I got sick, and I used pretty much the smallest cookie cutters known to man out there so they were really hard to get out of the dang cutter-thing and the the suckers were even harder to frost! So this time we just rolled the dough and plopped them on the sheets.

Anyways after that we all played a round of Mario Party 8. Karissa ended up totally kicking our trash. I'm pretty sure (and you can tell from looking at her picture) that it's because she *seems* so sweet and innocent and then gangs up on everyone at the end to win it all. We're on to her! :0)
Tyson and I still haven't won the game against those two. We need to get some more practice in obviously!

2 comments:

Karissa Kay said...

I will kick all y'alls butts anytime any where. Just kidding...but seriously. I'll give you this though: you're a WAY better cookie decorator than i am! But my smiley face was slightly better than yours. :) Lets do it again!

Unknown said...

I love your faces and poses in that pic. They are totally twinsies.