Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Current Lives Happenings

I thought that it would be good for Tyson and I to give everyone an update as to what we have been up to lately. Tyson has finished his second year of law school at George Washington here in DC and is currently working at a firm in Arlington called Bean Kinney & Korman and is loving it. He is working on a lot of real estate transactions with the partners and is getting a lot of hands-on experience. He has also worked on some trusts & estates, commercial litigation, and bankruptcy. Ty has one more year left of law school until he graduates. He has been applying to quite a few law firms for when he is done. It is crazy to me that students apply to firms a year in advance! He is extremely interested in doing real estate law but it is hard with the market that we have now. Luckily he is also is interested in business law and bankruptcy. It is kind-of stressful for me to not know where we will end up after law school. His work asked him to continue working there during the school year which he is pretty excited about as well.

I am currently doing payroll for a company out in Old Town Alexandria called VIPdesk, and LOVE the people I work with. They are really neat. One great aspect of this company is a lot of people work remotely (my supervisor lives in Canada) so if we do move, I will be able to stay on with them and still work. I love that the people there are very laid back as well which reminds me a lot of working in California. The great part of my job is it is flexible hours so I can choose when I go in, and leave. I can work four 10 hour days and get one day off during the week if I like. AND I get to wear jeans...how great is that?!

We just celebrated our 2nd year anniversary by going to Philly to see Les Miserables which was amazing. We will post pictures sometime this week hopefully. Tyson and I are also training for the Marine Corps Marathon that is in the end of October. My cousin, and Tyson's parents, sister, and grandpa are going to run it with us as well so we are really excited for that. We ran 16...yes count that...16 MILES last Saturday and felt pretty good after. Don't get me wrong we were exhausted afterward and just wanted to lay there and not even exert the energy to shower (let alone breathe), but hey...we did it. We have never run that much in our lives, and have learned a lot with this whole process (so if any of you are training, or want to train for one just know that you CAN do it, no matter how out of shape you may be)! This whole goal is pretty much all because of my dad who runs marathons and now triathlons who said that we should train for one because it is an amazing experience.

Anyways I just wanted to keep everyone posted. There are many more updates below on our adventures on the East Coast, and there will be many more postings to come!!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I love knowing how you guys are doing. I am so impressed about your marathon! I hope one day to be able to run one! See you guys soon!

Dan and Rochelle said...

wow it sounds like you guys have been really busy!!! I loved all your new york pictures! and your page looks really cute ;)

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I really am so impressed that you guys are running a marathon...

Sean & Lacey said...

good job on the training....i wish i had any motivation to want to do that! We miss you guys and want you to come down for a visit soon....